From golden sand beaches to the verdant vision of a manicured lawn, nature has provided a romantic backdrop for many luminaries in love. As we near the end of 2007, Lovetripper takes a look back at the celebrities who chose to say “I do” in the great outdoors over the past year.
1) Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O’Connell– After exchanging vow during a 15-minute ceremony held on the grounds of their Calabasas, California ranch, a gospel choir belted out the Milk and Sugar tune “Sunshine” as the bride and groom playfully skipped past the 100 guests who would soon join the pair for a down home reception.
2) Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans– The bride’s diaphanous veil billowed in the breeze as she stood beneath a fabric-draped arbor and pledged her love to her “102 Dalmatians” co-star on the golden sands outside of the One & Only Palmilla Hotel in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
3) Scott Foley and Marika Dominczyk– As the Pacific Ocean extinguished the last rays of the setting sun, its rushing waves seemed to applaud its approval as a blast from a conch shell heralded the arrival of the bride to a cliff top on the Manele Golf Course at Hawaii’s Four Seasons Resort Lana’i.
4) Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford– Married life for Superman began with a magical moment usually seen only in the movies. Fountains sprang to life when the star kissed his new bride for the first time as her husband at the conclusion of a ceremony held at El Capitan Ranch, a horse riding facility in Santa Barbara, California.
5) Lisa Ling– Linking arms with both her father and mother, the National Geographic Channel correspondent walked toward oncologist Paul Song on the red brick courtyard outside of Union Station, a Los Angeles landmark which has been immortalized on the big screen in such hits as Can’t Hardly Wait, Pearl Harbor and My Best <span style=”font-style:italic;”>Friend’s Wedding.
6) Montel Williams– An ocean breeze gently tugged at Tara Fowler’s off-white Badgley Mischka wedding dress as she stood by the TV talk show host’s side and watched Mr. Max, their toy poodle, bring her wedding band down the aisle during a ceremony held on the pink sands at Tucker’s Point Club in Bermuda.
7) Jeri Ryan– Donning Vera Wang bridal attire, the former Star Trek: Voyager star enjoyed an out of this world wedding to French chef Christophe Eme in the garden of Chateau de Noirieux, a 15th century manor in the Loire Valley.
8) Laila Ali and Curtis Conway– Held in the rose garden at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Marina Del Rey, the fragrance of the botanical beauties perfumed the air as the former Dancing with the Stars contestant and the NFL great said “I do” in front of a wrought-iron gazebo.
9) Sarah Thompson– Wedding guests, including Lost executive producer Damon Lindelof and The Bachelor’s Charlie O’Connell, dined on filet mignon and Alaskan sea bass after watching the former 7th Heaven star exchange vows with screenwriter Brad Kane on the lawn of the Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara, California.
10) Harry Knowles– Amid a gathering of fireflies that illuminated the evening sky over the live music capital of the world, the movie critic pledged his love to Patricia Jones on the grounds of Green Pastures, an elegant Austin, Texas eatery, as actor Elijah Wood, director Eli Roth and 150 relatives and friends looked on.